These help you reduce costs, improve business processes, and boost your efficiency and the efficiency of your organization:
- Virtualization—increases the utilization and flexibility of IT resources
- Cloud computing—enables you to efficiently consume and deliver business capabilities as services
- Mobile devices (smartphones, tablets)—un-tethers you from the constraints of the office, location, and time
- Social business—enables new ways to get close to your customers and turn them into evangelists for your business
- Moore’s Law—ensures that the cost of IT capabilities continues to steadily drop on a per-unit-of-work basis as it has for decades.
Are all of these unqualified, 100% gains with no downsides? Probably not (with the exception of Moore’s Law), but no organization that has benefited from any of wants to go back. Happy Thanksgiving.